Friday, May 26, 2017

Warada Al-Iraqi!

Warada:

Scorching sun and a hellish fire,
Here I crave for an unknown, that I truly desire;
In the midst of this abrasive dust and grime,
I have endured the test of time;


Seen wars and battles of people unknown,
Fight over things they don't really own;
Oh this greed, for power-like deathly armors,
I've lived through this life, of sadness of horrors!

I saw those with stripes and stars strip down our stars,
Burn away what was once truly ours;
I saw those with black masks gag away our hope,
Broken, dead children turn misanthrope.

Sumeria, Tigris-Euphrates to Baghdad,
Lived in all extremes, underclad;
I have seen sights and empires tall,
For greed and pride, these kingdoms fall.

Oh, humanity! you took away my petals,
Fed it to those hungry,dastardly mongrels;
And now, nestled in the bosoms of a dead man’s garden,
My death would be simpler like an unforgivable pardon...

Tifl:

Oh, Warada- Why do you long to die?
For I am still alive-as your friend, your ally!
Everyone you know, in the end, goes away,
And so will I, for sure, one day...

Till then, I serve to thee,
with a smiling face, full of glee,
To quench your thirst, I toil for rain,
Be a soothing balm for your deathly pain..

Warada: 
Ya Amar, you remain my hope in this piercing despair, 
Enlighten yourself with wisdom, and quintet prayer, 
The world is blinded by fogs of their creeds, 
Be truly valiant and perform right deeds.. 

Rawi: 
History is a fragile candle with a smile sardonic,
Reminiscing its past laurels with it's wilting withering wick... 

You can crush a rose in chains held captive, 
But beyond death, its redolent scent will never be passive... 

Jannat Adni, our lives were here...
We will return back, of that I'm sure...

Ya Al Insaan Saya, you destroyer of all things whole, 
Ugrub Ężan wajhi!!!! Return here when you earn back your soul! 




(This poem is the second in line to my 'Roses' series after 'Roses of Gaza'
Image: Blood On the Leaves by axcy on DevianrtArt)

No comments: